|The London Permaculture Ning|
“The active process of developing supportive social networks.”
Community Building is one of the 'complementary criteria' for a successful Diploma. The assessment of whether you meet this criteria and is based on whether your work shows an appreciation of how developing design skills can help build capacity for self-reliance and self-determination into any community that you are a part of or allied to.
My work in this area is evidenced by:
- Setting up and contributing to Peer Support Guilds
- being active in developing a local permaculture group - the London Permaculture Network
- Setting up, administering and distributing information via the Naturewise Yahoo group
- Moderating the Naturewise Forest Garden Yahoo Group
- Developing, moderating and promoting the London Permaculture Ning
Still in development are my thoughts on community building around permaculture in Essex. I've also tried to begin conversation about an east of England bioregion with my magazine Managed Retreat.